Unable to Complete Data Plan Change. Your data plan could not be set up. Try again later.
This error usually indicates that the connection to download the eSIM plan was not made. Your device needs a stable and unrestricted internet connection to request and download the eSIM profile from the LPA server for the first time. In addition it could mean an issue with the LPA server.
What to do:
- Restart your phone and shut down background apps, so that nothing interrupts the download process
- Consider your device’s data connection – is it a reliable fast connection?
- Try a different ISP or cell network
- Try with a VPN
- Try again later – in case of a problem with LPA server
- Check your phone is not carrier locked
Here are some other trouble shooting tips from Apple on how to fix any issues you might encounter when using Dual SIM with iPhone XS, XR, or later models that feature a nano-SIM card and an eSIM.